Hi Westminster International Friends, We hope you are staying well and safe!
You may have heard about the recent Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) legislation forcing international students in online classes to lose visas and thrusting them in a devastating upheaval.
We understand this news is difficult to bear. But your ASW leaders and friends are here to support and stand in solidarity with you to go through these times. You are an integral part of our Westminster community. You enrich the lives of your peers, friends, classmates, and lab partners. You bring a new and much-need perspective into the classroom discussions. Without you, Westminster is not the same. We learn so much from you and the culture and skills you bring to the table. Because of you, we are global-minded peacemakers encouraging one another into courageous pluralism. With that, your safety, education, and inclusion is an utmost priority. Thus, we are doing the best we can to support you and make sure you have the best and most fulfilling Westminster experience possible!
What are we doing now to help you?
- ASW just signed a national open letter demanding ICE to repeal their decision immediately.
- We are considering your needs and concerns in our decision-making for reopening in the fall. Westminster
will be hybrid in the fall meaning both in-person and online classes will be offered.
- ASW is partnering with other colleges and universities across the state to provide resources for
international students. Stay tuned for more information!
- If you or someone you know is experiencing food and/or housing insecurity during the summer of 2020,
here is a list of resources you may access and/or share.
- Please reach out to our school’s International Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org and
phone number 801-832-2829 if that is appropriate if you have any questions, concerns, or need support
with anything else.
- Also, do you have any questions for us? Any concerns? If you do, please contact ASW President Obaid at
- Lastly, please don’t forget about the upcoming ASW Town Hall on Campus Life and Housing on Thursday, July 16 from 5-6:30pm (MST). Come with questions. Here is the link!
We will see you very soon in August!
We thank and appreciate you for being you!
ASW President Obaid and Vice President Daud