Mission | The ASW Eco-council recognizes that student driven projects directed towards environmental efforts are an essential component on a road to a stronger and more self-sustainable campus. The council encourages Griffins to turn their research, class projects, and simply bold initiatives into action throughout the Westminster community by using the Sustainability Fund specifically created for this purpose. Providing the necessary support and helping students access the tools and resources to bring their ideas to live is one of our core priorities.
Structure | Council meets monthly during the academic year to review the applications for grants, and to discuss the progress of the previously funded projects. It consists of 5 members: ASW Director of Budget and Accounting, a member of Executive Branch, a Senator, and two environmental center employees.
Student Guide | Any student from any academic major registered for at least 2 credit hours is eligible to apply for the Eco-Warrior grant. Students can apply in teams or individually. Teams must designate one main contact.
Selection Procedure | The ASW Eco-council evaluates received applications within two weeks of being submitted (micro-grants only). Macro-grants applications are evaluated within a month of a deadline.
- Micro-grants can range from $100-$1000 and applications do not require a specific deadline.
- Macro-grants designed for projects that have a cost exceeding $1000 have an application deadline at the end of each semester. Projects spanning more than one academic year must include a plan for continuity. Consultation for macro-grant requests will be made with the Environmental Center.
- Only projects that have an impact in the field of sustainability, and that add value to Westminster and its students will be funded.
- Quality of work plan and application
- Impact on furthering the sustainability efforts
- Transparency, replicability and continuity
- Innovation and creativity
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Upon the completion of your approved project, please fill out the Eco-Warrior Experience Form (which will be emailed to you) to share your success with other students.
Each grant recipient will be assigned an advisor that sits on the Eco-council and be required to report on the progress for the duration of the project. To apply, please fill out the Application.